- Faculty and Staff
- Dan Hubacz
- Lindsay A. Byron
- Tobias Ackerman
- Trevor Metz
- Cristina Fernandez
- James Heiss
- Dajana Jurk
- Paul Martin
- Adam Pearson
- Dale Lambert
- Kevin Cabaniss
- Meg Christie
- Seth Pelepko
- Suzann Pomraning
- Nicole Raineault
- Christopher Russoniello
- Shatrughan Singh
- Adam Skarke
- Frank C. Smith
- Hilary Stevens
- Batholomew Wilson
- Keri Fisher
- Mahfuz Khan
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
- GRADUATE STUDIES
- GEOSCIENCE CAREERS
John F. Wehmiller
Dept. of Geological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark DE 19716
[ email@example.com ]; office phone 302 831 2926; fax 302 831 4158
- Ph.D., Geology, Columbia University, 1971
- B.A., Chemistry, Swarthmore College, 1966
- Center for Energy and Environmental Policy, U of Delaware, 2009-
- Research Associate, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, 2012-
- Research Professor, George Washington University, 2003-
- September 1996-August 2000, Chair, Department of Geology
- 1995-96 Fellow, University of Delaware Center for Advanced Study
- 1986-present, Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History, Invertebrate Paleontology, Research Associate
- 1978-1985, University of Delaware, Department of Geology, Associate Professor
- 1972-1978, University of Delaware, Department of Geology, Assistant Professor
- 1974, 1975, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Summer Faculty Fellow
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Geophysical Union
- American Quaternary Association
- Geochemical Society
- Geological Society of America (Fellow)
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Quaternary Science Reviews, 1991-1996; Quaternary Geochronology, 2007 - present
- Reviewer, Quaternary Research, Quaternary Sciences Reviews, Geological Society of America, Nature and Geochimica Cosmochimica Acta.
- Co-Convenor, 1982 Geological Society of America Symposium on Amino acid geochemistry and aminostratigraphy, New Orleans.
- Invited Participant in 1985 United Nations - CCOP Workshop on Dating Young Sediments, Beijing.
- Co-Convenor, 1987 Geological Society of America Penrose Conference on Late Pleistocene Sea Levels, Bermuda.
- Invited Participant, 1989 International Geological Congress, Workshop on Biomineralization, Washington, D.C.
- Theme session organizer, 1990 Geological Society of America Meeting, Dallas. 16-paper session on the applications of amino acid racemization in geochronology, stratigraphy, and geochemistry.
International Geological Correlation Project 274: Coastal Quaternary Evolution:
- Theme leader for geochronology;
- Co-editor, U.S. Working Group final report entitled Quaternary Coastal Systems of the U.S. (published by Society of Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists, late 1992)
- Convenor, 1997 Northeastern Section Geological Society of America Workshop on Aminostratigraphy, held at University of Delaware, March 1997.
- Co-Convenor, 1998 Perspectives on Amino Acid and Protetin Geochemistry: Symposium to Honor P. E. Hare, Carnegie Institute of Washington, American Geophysical Union, Washington, D.C., April 1998.
- Co-Convenor, 1999 Assateague Shore and Shelf Workshop, Lewes, DE, April 1999
- Franklin Institute of Philadelphia, Committee on Science and the Arts, 2004- present. 2012 Ceremony for Lonnie Thompson and Ellen Mosely-Thompson.
- Organizer and Principal Investigator, NSF-funded workshops on aminostratigraphy data management: 2010 - Denver (GSA), 2011- Bern (INQUA)
- University Service: College Senator; chair and member, Department, College, and University Promotion and Tenure Committees; Sustainability Task Force
November 2012 Alumni gathering at GSA, Charlotte: slide show images and text.