- Faculty and Staff
- Dan Hubacz
- Lindsay A. Byron
- Tobias Ackerman
- Trevor Metz
- Cristina Fernandez
- James Heiss
- Dajana Jurk
- Paul Martin
- Adam Pearson
- Dale Lambert
- Kevin Cabaniss
- Meg Christie
- Seth Pelepko
- Suzann Pomraning
- Nicole Raineault
- Christopher Russoniello
- Shatrughan Singh
- Adam Skarke
- Frank C. Smith
- Hilary Stevens
- Batholomew Wilson
- Keri Fisher
- Mahfuz Khan
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
- GRADUATE STUDIES
- GEOSCIENCE CAREERS
Working in a forested watershed while evaluating the character and composition of Dissolved Organic Matter (DOM) - an optically active chemical constituent of water.
Master in Science (2009)
Institution: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA 70802.
Master in Science (Technology) (2005)
Institution: Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, INDIA 221005.
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Water Quality Analysis, DOM Characterization and Dynamics, Watershed Hydrologic and Biologic Coupling, Statistical Modeling, Optical Measurement Techniques
- Inamdar, S., N. Finger, S. Singh, M. Mitchell, D. Levia, H. Bais, D. Scott, and P. McHale (2012), Dissolved organic matter (DOM) concentration and quality in a forested mid-Atlantic watershed, USA, Biogeochemistry, 108(1-3), pp. 55-76, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10533-011-9572-4.
- Inamdar, S., S. Singh, S. Dutta, D. Levia, M. Mitchell, D. Scott, H. Bais, and P. McHale (2011), Fluorescence characteristics and sources of dissolved organic matter for stream water during storm events in a forested mid-Atlantic watershed, J. Geophys. Res., 116, G03043, 23 pp., http://dx.doi.org/10.1029/2011JG001735.
- Singh, S., E. D’Sa, and E. Swenson (2010), Seasonal variability in CDOM absorption and fluorescence properties in the Barataria Basin, Louisiana, USA, Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 22 (10), pp. 1481-1490, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(09)60279-5.
- Singh, S., E.J. D’Sa, and E.M. Swenson (2010), Chromophoric dissolved organic matter (CDOM) variability in Barataria Basin using excitation-emission matrix (EEM) fluorescence and parallel factor analysis (PARAFAC), Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 408 (16), pp. 3211-3222, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.03.044
- Prasad, A.K., R.P. Singh, S. Singh, and D.S. Nanda (2007), GPS and satellite meteorology for understanding monsoon dynamics over the Indian sub-continent, (Proceedings of Symposium HS 2004 at IUGG 2007, Perugia, Italy, July 2007), IAHS Publ., 313, pp. 33-39.
- Prasad, A.K., V.K. Kayetha, S. Singh, and R.P. Singh (2006), Potentiality of Multi sensor satellite data in mapping flood hazard, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 34 (3), pp. 219-231, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02990651
- Singh, R.P., A.K. Prasad, S.S. Chauhan, and S. Singh (2005), Impact of growing urbanization and air pollution on the regional climate over India, International Association for Urban Climate (IAUC) Newsletter, 14, December 2005, pp. 5-11, http://www.urban-climate.com/newsletter_fr.htm.
Programming/Plotting Softwares: MATLAB, SigmaPlot, Origin
Statistical Packages: SAS, JMP, R
Applications: LaTeX, Windows editors, spreadsheet processing, and presentation software
Instruments: Absorption and Fluorescence Spectroscopy
Student Member of AGU, GSA, AAAS